Visions of Soundless Nights

Deep down and distant
Days of thunder-struck
Senses and sounds of sweet
Rain coming from clouds that

Part from towns we hear as
Motion from meadows and
Birds that call to calm and
Curious shapes that fall

Like sound in scented barrels
Of time.

13 thoughts on “Visions of Soundless Nights

1. Björn Rudberg (brudberg) May 22, 2017 / 7:53 pm

I think this bring me back to those afternoon thundershowers of the mountains… when you have to go down to the valley before it’s too late.

2. Grace May 22, 2017 / 8:03 pm

I love those sounds from nature – from rain to birdsongs ~

3. Victoria C. Slotto May 22, 2017 / 8:20 pm

The last two lines are especially wonderful and your alliterative play with sound delights.

4. paul scribbles May 22, 2017 / 8:23 pm

I love the flow of this and the line breaks and the capitalization that lends more force to the opening words of each stanza.

5. Jericho May 22, 2017 / 9:13 pm

I love this line: “Senses and sounds of sweet”

Also this: “from towns we hear as
    Motion from meadows”

Oh, and this too: “Curious shapes that fall
    Like sound in scented barrels”

6. ihatepoetry May 22, 2017 / 10:08 pm

I really enjoyed the spiral this felt like as I read. Thanks.,

7. Arcadia Maria May 23, 2017 / 12:00 am

Very descriptive and well written. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

8. Waltermarks May 23, 2017 / 1:08 am

Lots and lots of great imagery there, sounds in scented barrels of time. Birds that call to calm is also a favorite, thanks

9. Bodhirose May 23, 2017 / 2:09 am

Great title and love those last two lines!

10. kim881 May 23, 2017 / 12:06 pm

‘sound in scented barrels
    Of time’
    I can hear it!.

11. lillian May 23, 2017 / 12:30 pm

This is delicious! Love the separation between the stanzas that include the meaning in the words. Thank you so much for posting with dVerse….I’ve been gone for 30+ days on holiday and just returning so not sure I’ve seen your posts before? Apologies if you have posted on dVerse before and I’m not recalling (I forgot a quadrille has 44 words — vacations will do that to you!). Anyway, might you include dVerse as a Tag or a statement at the end of your post that says something like “Posted in response to a prompt at dVerse, the virtual pub for poets” and embed the link? That way more will find their way to this fantastic virtual pub and more will read your post as well! So glad to have you here…and yes, those last two lines are especially wonderful! Hope to see lots more of your posts! 🙂

12. Linda Kruschke May 24, 2017 / 4:56 pm

Love the final stanza – it’s imagery I wouldn’t have thought of but is haunting and beautiful.